Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Season of Color Shaker Card

 For this card, I made a mistake when I was ordering my stamp--I forgot that the blog post would actually be posted AFTER Halloween! I would've chosen a different image if I had remember that! But, I decided that I could still use this owl, and just make it a nice Autumn Card.  As you can see, I took a bit of liberty with the sketch for today at Sketch Saturday



I made the owl on the branch represent the white panel on the sketch. Instead of the Moon that I'd originally planned, I made the star be a sun trying to glow through the chill Autumn Sunset.

The cute Owl on a Branch image is from Lemon Shortbread designs. I colored it with Copic Markers. I made it's eyes a brighter black using a black Micron pen then topped them with Accent Essentials.

 I covered the image with Masking Glue so I could blend the inks for the sunset all around it. I started by lightly covering the whole background with YoYo Yellow (retired SU!) then placed a circle of mask-paper where I wanted the sun. I followed with So Saffron (retired SU!) and Vintage Photo (Distress Ink) mostly along the top bit. I did add a bit of Certainly Celery (retired SU!) particularly along the bottom, because I always feel that the light is just a bit greenish in Autumn!



The sequins are all from sets I purchased from Amazon. The sentiment was from a Paper Smooches stamp set, stamped with Versafine brown and heat embossed with clear powder. I cut the frame with a die and put 2 layers of foam tape behind the acetate. The interior message was from the same Paper Smooches stamp set and the brown Versafine ink.




I really enjoyed making this shaker card! Please be sure to check out the other examples made by the great DT at the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog!


14 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a work of art. You put a lot into it. It's a beautiful shaker card. I love how you combined all the different stamps. This is a gift for someone to receive. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card that owl is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Emerald City Crafts Challenge Blog Anything Goes Challenge 5. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge Blog for challenge 391 the theme is Anything Goes with the optional theme Beartastic use a Bear in your creation and the sponsor is MelonHeadz. Hugs Jackie (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! CREATIVE PLAYGROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful make. Thanks for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Sara :)
    This is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE owls... so I'm excited and happy!!! And I also love shaker cards!!! This is a brilliant pairing of the two things I love! :)
    Thank you for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack this week in our Funday Friday Challenge! Have an amazing day!
    Hugs,
    JO
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shaker card, Sara. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sunny bg is so pretty - and the sequins are in all the right colors. Thanks for joining us at the Anything goes (option - Angels) challenge at QKR stampede this week. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely! Thanks for joining us at creative friday!Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fantastic!
    Thanks for playing along with our ITD’s Creative Playground Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *GDT* ITD’s Creative Playground
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#11 – The first Christmas preparations)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greak shaker card - cute owl. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like shaker cards and this one is absolutely cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with dragonflies and Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time. (Please remember to put a link back to the challenge blogs you are joining.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shaker card - love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us for the Imagine That Creative Playground link up.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete